The Philippine Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (PSBMB) serves to promote advancement in knowledge in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in the Philippines and to establish means by which biochemical knowledge can be utilized for the improvement of the socio-economic and health conditions of the country. The guiding principles and objectives for new members are:
- Encouraging research and education in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
- Encouraging continuing education of teachers of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
- Establishing and promoting communication and interchange of professional knowledge among the members of the Society as well as with other biochemists and molecular biologists abroad.
Criteria for considering new members must meet the criteria below and must be Filipino Citizens.
- Anyone who has at least a BS degree major in Biochemistry or allied disciplines and who is active in teaching and/or research in the field of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in a recognized institution.
- Any bona fide student of a recognized institution who has completed at least five (5) units of Biochemistry or Molecular Biology.
- Anyone who has promoted the cause and objectives of the Society can be elected as honorary member.
(a) Any professional or student who meets the above mentioned criteria
(b) Joined at least one (1) activity of the Society
(c) Renewed annually. Calendar year starts on the day of the approval of membership and
ends on the same day the following year.
(d) Membership should be renewed upon expiration of membership
(e) Membership Fee: Php 300.00
(a) Any regular member
who has been active for at least a year.
(b) No annual renewal.
(c) Membership Fee: Php 3,000.00
(a) Any company, institution, corporation, or partnership which is in a capacity to support the objectives of the Society.
(b) Membership Fee: Php 10,000.00
PROCEDURE FOR NEW MEMBERS
The Membership Committee searches proactively for members, considers suggestions by PSBMB members or accepts applications from applicants with outstanding record willing to meet the membership requirements.
- Download the application form through the downloadable forms tab or click here.
- Print or Type all information needed in the membership form.
- Have the form signed by two PSBMB Members in good standing for recommendation.
- Deposit membership payment to PSBMB Account at the Bank of the Philippine Islands (Account Number: 0151-0233-47, BPI Espana Branch, Manila)
- Submit a scanned copy of the following to email@example.com
- Completed application Form
- Deposit Slip
- An official receipt will be issued on submission of the two (2) above mentioned documents.